Wednesday, September 22, 2010

thunderstorm

"I spent all day with you on my mind
collecting a little pile of what you'd left behind
just a little bit of lace and some simple things
stuff you'd leave around when I'd watch you change

I looked around this old, dirty room
and realized how little space I left for you
understanding for the 1st time the things you said were true
that we were over by the time I said I loved you

The little black number that you wore on my birthday
the present I was always glad to open
lays on the floor next to my empty bed
collecting dust like words we never said

a picture of us fell behind my night stand
it sat there crumbled and with bent edges
i debated, but I ended up throwing it away
knowing that the smiles had already started to fade

you'd left hair ties all over this place
the one's you used to pull your hair out of your face
even though every time I kissed your face and it turned red
from my beard that you said you loved

The good times they just couldnt last
now I am here just cleaning up my past
You'd moved in and now you've moved on
because I couldnt be the man you could fall asleep on"

...had a bigger post planned, but Id rather listen to this storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment