Monday, September 20, 2010

Shit Sandwhich

Been a while.  Had a decent weekend.  Had to work, so that puts a damper on anything because there is nothing worse than actually pretending to listen to someone while you have a hang over.  got dressed down and went to a nice blue grass weddin.  They had banjo players, line dancing, and a pot luck dinner.  Good time with good people.  The band's rendition of "wagon wheel" was lacking and I know me and my boys from boone would much better represent.

My soap boxing here is usually kept to a minimum but I saw something today at work that almost sent me over the fucking edge.  For those of you that dont know I manage a cafeteria at a certain hospital.  Today, a man was pushing an extremely over weight lady through the food area.  This lady was big, I am talking fat guy "Glutton" killing from Se7en big.  She had her little o2 tank and everything.  I had started to feel sad for her until turning back around and seeing that on her tray at the check out line was a BBQ sandwich, French Fries, apple pie, regular cake.  I almost took it away from her.  I was so disgusted I had to turn and walk away and go sit in my office for a minute.  Not only was I furious at the choice, I was disturbed. 

Weight is an issue that I will always battle.  My family is overweight, some of my friends are, the whole damn country seems to be overweight.  For 21 years of my life I paid no attention to what I put into my body or did with it.  But something clicked, I lost 90 lbs and people always ask me what I did.  There is one, very simple answer; eat less and exercise more.  to what capacity you do these two things determines your weight loss.  As a personal trainer, I always told my clients that losing weight isnt rocket science. 

By no means am I perfect.  I dont eat perfect, I dont exercise like an athelete.  I dont have abs or a ripped body.  But I know that there are certain things I need to do to live a healthier life style.  I will offer advice to friends that ask, and I will ride my family pretty hard because Diabetes, blood pressure, and heart problems run in my family and id like to have them around.  But this woman, who is living on manufactured air cares so little about herself that she'd rather die than give it a try.  She would rather give in to not caring than give a damn and just get a turkey sandwhich, some fruit and a diet drink. 

I got tomorrow off of work.  Quality alone time, which I have doing a lot recently.  I think it always bothered my parents that I could spend all day by myself in the basement.  I can watch movies, play guitar, play video games, write, just relax.  Dont get me wrong, there is nothing better than quality time with people you love, but every now and then its nice to just shut down for a day.

I got some new music to go listen to and think about love, sex, and death.

What else is there?

1 comment:

  1. This was a nice balance between funny and real. I also appreciated the descriptions of the bluegrass wedding. Those are fun. Hope you are well, and I'll keep reading.

    ReplyDelete