Tuesday, September 28, 2010

flash fiction

"Who wouldnt want a Rob Pattinson haircut?" she asked me.

I looked at myself in the rearview mirror of her car and knew I'd never be good enough for her.

She turned to me and smiled, I put my hand on her leg.  This was the appropriate response.

The truth was that neither of us loved the other.  Sure, we said it out loud.  It meant nothing more than the way I watch her throw away clothes.

We got off the highway.  I ran my hands through my hair.  She put on lipstick and pulled her hair into a pony tail.  I looked again in the rearview mirror afraid to take off my sunglasses.

I walked slightly behind her as we went in the house.  We had sex in her mom's bed.  I flipped through channels while she showered.

We went to dinner.  I barely ate anything that I ordered.  The waiter brought me a box that I left on the table after I paid the bill.  I pretended to be sick so we didnt have to go meet any of her friends.

We dont have sex again.  She fell asleep with her back to me.

I left in the middle of the night and drive home.  My father wass passed out in his chair, tv on, glass condensating on the nightstand.  I showered and didnt dry off before I got in bed.

I couldnt tell if I was crying or if it was my wet hair.

Tomorrow is tuesday

No comments:

Post a Comment