Thursday, September 23, 2010

Lip Smack

So I was having a pretty normal day.  Then after work I had a fun and hilarious conversation with a good friend of mine.  We were talking about relationships and silly things we'd both done recently.  The subject of kissing came up and she told me thats what my next blog has to be about so here goes...

A kiss isnt just a kiss, it never is.  We arent talking about kissing a relative or even a good night kiss.  We are talking about a kiss thats looking for something.  Passion, love, sex, fun...all of the above.  A good kiss is a "god damn" moment that raises eye brows and blood pressure.  A bad kiss sinks the titanic...just ask billy zane.

Lord knows Ive done my share of kissing.  I spent the last 2.5 years of my college career doing quality research.  to me the one thing that makes a great kiss is comptability and personality.  I have kissed a lot of great kissers and they all had different ways of kissing, but their ability to learn on the fly as well as my own made the kiss/make out even better. 

Lets start with a bad kiss, this came up today and after some thought on my last hook up and some of the connecting themes run through.  The worst kinda kiss to me is the very open mouth, swallowing, lots of tounge kinda kiss.  God forbid he/she scrapes you with some teeth.  It's a smothering style of kiss that just kills it for me.  I had a date a few years ago with a very beautiful girl.  Everything was going great, there was an electric feel to the date and I was just dying to kiss her.  We got back to her place and BOOM.....1st kiss I knew I would never feel anything special for her.  I am pretty sure she was trying to eat my face much like Hannibal Lecter.  After I pulled myself from her jaws and politely said good-nite I was so defeated.  It was my 1st really bad kiss and after such a great night it sucked to have that happen.  Same thing with another recent night.  Great vibes, good dancing, a little sweaty...1st kiss just killed my drive.  But looking at the parties involved I realized that personality drives their style.  It lends itself to a person who is very dominating and controlling.  Their suffocation of the person they kiss is them trying to take control of things and letting the other person know they dont have control.  They are not bad people but when it comes to kissing it does very little for me.

A good kiss is a revelation.  A good kiss comes from many places; spur of the moment, heat of passion, random bar.  But they all have one thing in common, the ability to bring you right back in.  A good kiss doesnt have to have a good starting point...the last lady I dated, man did I ruin the take off for that kiss.  We'd had a great time on the date and I knew we would kiss but I never had my moment.  So sitting in the car mid conversation I just went for it.  I could have been bad, awful, could have ruined the month leading up to it.  It was good, sweet and short.  We pulled back and she smiled, suprised, but sometimes you have to say fuck it.  We had monthes of great kissing but even our worst one had a strong end.  a good kiss is all about learning.  Its the persons ability to feel, adjust or just let go.  So many things go into a kiss that its not just one thing.  Dont let anyone fool you when they say it takes love or feeling to be a great kiss..thats bullshit.  A girl I worked with a few years ago in college would always challenge me to see who could make out with the most people at a party...she always won because she would kiss girls which was totally worth it to me.  But we ended up kissing and I never had an inkling of emotional connection to this girl but she was deffinately the best kisser I have ever come in contact with.  Now is kissing someone your in love with great...absolutely.  I love nothing more than to brush the hair of a woman's shoulder and kiss the back of her neck and collar bone. 

A kiss is not just a kiss.  A good kiss should remind you of something.  Whether its the taste of red wine on the back porch at a party or the way cool lips and ice cream make you think of that one fourth of july...it takes you somewhere.  So go out there, close your eyes and let your hands roam where they may because there is nothing better than a good kiss to make your day

1 comment: