Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween

Rough weekend.  Lots of driving and working, which is never fun.  A little too much booze in a costume and looking crazy while standing still.

Ive had the blog on ice for a bit, but its not like anyone really cares.  I had some things crop up and I wondered how serious I should take this and if I should go foreward with the whole brutal honesty thing.  So after letting work suck the life out of me and certain people saying a few things Ive come to the conclusion that I just dont give a damn.

Halloween

By far my favorite holiday, it beats all the other ones combined.

As a youngster Id lose sleep the night before just waiting to put on my costume and wear it to school.. Many years I was a vampire.  Funny now because everyone thinks I look like a werewolf.

I drove 3 hrs round trip tonite to Raleigh to see my 2.5 yr old nephew go trick or treating.  He was the cutest damn panda ever and I love that in a few years Ill be able to drunken scare the hell out of him and not get into too much trouble with his mom or my own.

I wasnt going to make the drive but friday I bought three new cds and I decided to listen to them and get to know them better and 3 hrs in the car was the perfect way.

I went for a 6 mile run the other day, training for a half marathon for no real reason, and listened to the new kings of leon album.  I love it.  I thought maybe them going to the slow and epic sound would piss me off cause I love their old rock stuff, but I cant hate a band for trying new stuff and it sounds good as hell.

This is the 1st halloween in years that I will spend in my own bed.  The holiday got me in all kinds of trouble in college and in recent years.  I get really into my costume and just get a little too drunk and end up in someone elses bed or on someone elses couch.

Freshman year I went to Frankin Street like everyone did, got hammered, unimpressed with the scene I walked through campus drunk.  I dont remember any of it.  All i know is that my prom date from senior year of high school saw me wandering around and helped me back to my friends dorm and was my angel that night.  I woke up the next morning with a hangover and a parking ticket.

Sophmore year I cant remember at all.  I would have been old chunky luke, probably in a crazy costume.  But its a total blank spot.

Junior year was a wild one.  I was a jehova's witness and one of my best friends, Alexis, had her 21st bday that night.  We hit the bars hard, I held hands with a girl I hardly knew and woke up alone at 11am in a sleeping bag with no clothes on and my bare ass showing for anyone to see.  I didnt make it to class.

Senior year was my craziest to date.  Had lost all my weight.  Grew m hair and beard out for 2 months to be wolverine.  Awesome pictures.  Was having an affair with a girl.  Went home with her that night, unreal, she was xena.  I walked home, shaved my beard still drunk at 4am and got up at 8am to drive to ATL with my friend Eric to stay with our friend ryan and go see a football game.

Victory Lap.  App game, at night, all dressed like superheros.  App won by about 70.  I was the human torch from the fantastic 4 in skin tight leggings and underarmour.  Got drunk off everclear at a house party after the game, made out with a girl who I didnt even know her name, got her number, woke up n the living room of the house and went to eat with all my boys still in my costume.

Last year. 2 months after the house fire.  In the height of my full depression.  Training to join the air force, went as a volleyball player from Top Gun.  Covered in baby oil.  Slept on a couch, after showering of course, all alone.

It was nice to take a year off this year.  Hit the bars for a minute last night, but Ive been pushing things in the past and now Im just one day at a time.

Time to watch zombies eat people

No comments:

Post a Comment