Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Striking Out

I am losing it
I cant even hold on to my dream of you
dont know why I miss you like I do
its sad but true
there isnt something new
Me here dreaming of falling in love with you
i dont know why
im a sucker for your eyes
thinking about your mouth
kissing into a smile to erase my doubt

I am drowning
I cant swim under the weight of my life
I worry so much that I lose sleep
about all the ways I could sweep you off your feet
I look around all these crashing waves
head above water just dying to be saved
by a kiss in the morning after you stayed

I am searching for God
resting my faith in your soft hands
open my eyes and set me free
wipe the tears and conquer my fears
that I'll walk alone the rest of these years
I'll let you love me only if you can save me

I am lost
found myself wrapped around your little finger
just enough to let things linger
but I am still in the dark
using my hands to look for your heart
but I still stumble
looking for love keeps me humble
get shot down
sit down and look around
complain about there not being a woman in this god damn town

I am nobody's boy
just a toy
a get away car with an easy smile
its the way I talk that leaves me alone
the place you go when you run away from home
but not the place you'd live
the boy that helps you forget
and realize the man you still miss

I am good and bad
the happy and sad
laughing at a funeral
crying at a wedding
tied down and twisted
looking for the life I ought to be living
I hoped it was with you
hoping all I needed was to fall in love with you

No comments:

Post a Comment